Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sick

  You know it's funny as soon as I decide to do something like get back in shape and go to the gym I get sick! I am taking everything I can right now to over come this cold that just snuck up on me in the middle of my pilates class today. I just wanted to share this poem I think of it every time I get sick. I had to memorize it in the third grade and my teacher Mrs. Beeson helped me (through bribes of candy) and I finally did it and presented it aloud in the front of the class. 


"Sick" by Shel Silverstein

"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more--that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut--my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is. . .Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

1 comment:

Kleinmans said...

I hate that you're sick, but I love that poem! Hope you're feeling better and that we can be back on the path to our naughty bodies!