Monday, April 18, 2011

The great wolf lodge

For my birthday and spring break we went to Cincinnati Ohio to the Great Wolf Lodge. We had a blast It was a much needed trip for us. Dan wasn't able to be here on my actual birthday because his sweet Grandma Bo died so he went to Washington for her funeral. I was very sick while he was gone i get really bad heart burn and I had forgotten to take my medication one day so it took two days for it to start working again and I was barfing the whole time. my dear friend Michele came and saved the day she took my kids all day and brought me lots of meds and fun birthday treats too like balloons, flowers, magazines, ice cream and more. Michele you are such a great friend and I love you so much thank you for making my 29th bearable.
We had so much fun at the great wolf lodge. They give you wrist bands so you wont lose your room key and it also gets you into the water park which is inside the resort. This vacation is a perfect place for a very pregnant mom who gets tired easily and wants to go back to her room and lie down or a dad who has cancer and has had enough fun for one day. If you forget something your room is so close it's wonderful.

Here I am eating my birthday cake, something I clearly shouldn't be doing but oh well.
They have an animatronics show at night time for the kids along with story time. They also have magic wands that you can buy and go on a treasure hunt all over the hotel. We decided to skip that part since we were busy the whole time at the water park and the kids didn't really notice.
The kids loved playing with this light game where you kick the balls on the ground. There was also a game arcade and movies every night for families to go to.
Everyone loved this show.


Sienna kept wanting to go up to the front and hug Violet.
We got upgraded to a bigger room which was nice it was also closer to everything. In the rooms they have a separate open cave room with bunk beds. It also comes with a tv and video games for kids. My kids loved the bunk beds!

The park was really fun and they even had a section for kids Sienna age which was nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun i want to go there too...lets take a trip

Abbey said...

This looks way more fun than it sounded!!! -Abbey