Friday, February 4, 2011

chemo

Today is Dan's first day of chemo therapy. He will do an eight hour session this time and then in about a week or so he will go in for one hour. I put this picture up not because I feel like wonder woman but, because I need to be like her. I wish I could be there for him today just sitting and laughing or reading by his side but, since they do radiation in the same building I am not allowed in with my growing baby belly. Today I am a little resentful of my teeny tiny baby. We have no idea how he is going to react to this type of chemo I just hope it kicks his cancers ass. I am still in the one day at a time phase but the thought of having this behind us well I can't even imagine it yet I can only image going back to our old life the way things used to be before the big C. When we used to fight about who will put the kids to bed and take out the trash. Dan will get steroids to help with the nausea. The nurse told him that if he becomes psychotic that he should stop taking them. I have used that word to describe my children at the end of a hectic day but obviously out of context. I had to ask Danny what psychotic actually means. He told me I should probably be worried if he punches me in the pregnancy belly, there was a pause and then we both just erupted laughing. I have faith that we will make it through this better stronger people. That is my hope anyway for now I just feel bruised and tired. I love this man more than I even know and the thought of him not being her well the thought is too great. I just hope that his body can fight off the cancer and be stronger than ever. I LOVE YOU MR. HENRICKSEN! Good luck today Boo.

7 comments:

Becky T said...

Good luck, good luck! Thinking of you and praying for you all. You're all amazing!

The Burrows Family said...

We are praying for you guys! I hope all goes well today. Give us a call and let us know what you need.

Annette said...

Your love is undeniable. You are both imperfect and perfect for each other. Go Team Henricksen! BTW, you are a wonder woman, mother, wife, sister and friend to all. You could easily fit into the WW costume with a tailored bustier!

Love ya sis!

The Evers said...

Thinking of you today friend and hoping that chemo wins the war! Youre tough as crap and much hotter than wonder women! You can do it!

The Evers said...

woman*

Monica said...

You ARE Wonder Woman! You are going to be great!!! You will get through this and will be fighting about the garbage again before you know it!

Kleinmans said...

Crazy how your whole life can change so quickly! Hope Dan is hanging in there. You can do anything. You are a strong, amazing woman!!