Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter pageant











Last night We were able to attend the Easter pageant here in Arizona and it was amazing. I see why people come here just to see the show. I brought the kids and we sat on a blanket on the lawn. I thought that would be better than sitting in a seat because of how crazy they are, trust me church is chaotic.
I got there at six with the kids and Danny made it about five minutes after it started. When the show started it was eight and our kids could not sit still so we ended up standing most of the time. I really felt the spirit and I am so grateful that I was able to attend this wonderful performance, and so close to our home. It was such a great reminder for this time of year. I think Maack got a little scared when he saw Jesus being whipped. He stood up and asked "why are those men hanging Jesus up like a pinata and hitting him with whips?"  He loved the live animals that they had and the thunder.  He can't stop talking about it today. After we stopped by Neilson's frozen custard. I was so cool if you ever are in the area at the time and have the opportunity to go I recommend it.

2 comments:

CJMsquared+6 said...

How fun... I wanted to go last year when we lived there but didn't we never made it. Guess we will just have to come back for a visit sometime.
I can't believe how BIG Sienna is getting. That picture of her and Maack is absolutely adorable!!

Kleinmans said...

I love Maack's comment about the pinata! So funny. Glad you guys were able to go. ps It's Nielson's frozen custard! = )