Wednesday, April 27, 2011

CMV

The dr. called me the other day while I was at the gym and said we got your test results back and they weren't normal can you come in? That is such a scary thing to hear. I dropped my kids off with my girl friend and went straight there. It was a really long 30 minute drive. I got in to see my dr. and he told me I have something that is called CMV. I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me most people get it like the flu or chicken pox and have subtle symptoms and it can affect others more strongly but, that it can be dangerous during pregnancy. I was still listening and then he said the words stillborn and congenital heart failure and then I stopped listening after that only dogs and cats could hear me. It has been a hard week with Dan's chemo and school tests. Maack got punched in the face on the bus and Sienna had to go to the dr.'s for a bladder infection not to mention I was in the hospital for tests because I thought I had a really bad case of the flu. I just want to lock the doors and not let any of my family leave right now.
We went in for the high risk ultra sound this morning at 7:30 and after going to the wrong hospital and then to another and having to wait forever we had our ultra sound and everything looks okay I am measuring three weeks ahead of schedule so we will see about that. I'm relieved about the ultra sound but we still don't really know if anything is going to be wrong or not but so far it looks good and we have faith that things will work out. When the baby is born we will check to see if it is deaf. I guess it's a good thing my major was deaf education. Dan missed his early morning chemo appointment but was able to get in at a later time. It just feels like it's not our year. After today we will wait three more weeks and then Dan will be scanned to see if the chemo got the cancer or if it has spread so that's coming up and I'm not looking forward to it. Then he have finals and then a new baby. I guess it will at least keep us busy which is great but man I'm so drained I know I'm going to look back on this and just think oh my goodness that was crazy, how did I do it. I know I'm not alone. Everyday someone is with me helping me get out of bed or do the dishes or just breath. and I am so grateful for my Heavenly Fathers love and support during this time. I am so grateful for the gift of the holly ghost in my life. It has been such a help to know that my family is sealed together forever and that this time here on earth is short. I am so lucky to be married to a man that can have his face bitten off and then come and hug me and help with chores when he doesn't feel good either. I am such a luck woman. I LOVE you Danny!

3 comments:

Marlo said...

Lacey,
I know we've never actually met each other but I just wanted you to know that I think you are an amazing women. You're such a beautiful and faithful person, Dan and your children are so lucky to have you! Your positive attitude is just incredible, and that is so very important when facing hardships. Keep it up, things will get better I'm sure.
When I'm dealing with something difficult I always read D&C 6:34 'Therefore, fear not, little a flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.' and that always gives me a little boost.
You guys are in my and my family's prayers. Tell Dan that my mom always asks me what's going on with him (he was one of her all time favorite seminary students... and he knows it!) and is constantly thinking about and praying for him! Thanks for keeping your blog updated Lacey and good luck with everything.
~Marlo~

Haskett Family said...

umm sorry to say..but i am just mrs. negative today. that is just totally the pits, horrible, not fun, no, no no, just make it all stop right now crapppy- barf. gosh i am so sorry that you have to go through all this at once. wish i was there to make pizza for you.. love you

Henricksen Family said...

Thank you Both of you for your comments. Marlo I hope to meet you some day. thanks for your kind words.
It's funny last summer when I moved here to Indiana I prayed and asked to spiritually challenged like with a big calling well the Lord defiantly had something else in mind for me. I am trying to just make it through some days and others I am really trying to learn what I am supposed to learn from all of this.