Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the Holiday season


I dressed the kids up and took them to the mall for their Christmas photo with santa. We waited in a long line but it was worth it. We were walking through the mall and all these older women were stopping me and complementing me on how great the kids looked and a few were saying how no one dresses up to see Santa any more, I just thought that was so nice since it took us two hours to get ready that day.
Maack is in a singing group with his friends and they had a Christmas performance, it was darling seeing all of the kids singing "you get smuttin for Christmas" Holly is the teacher and she did a great job with all of these energetic kids.


We went to see the temple lights with some of our friends. I love going to see the lights they are so beautiful. We went on a very busy night so we didn't stay long. This is one of my favorite things to do during Christmas.
Our ward had it's Christmas party and the kids got to visit with Santa. It was a fun night.

This was a tree that we found on the street that was working so we decided to decorate it in mardi gras beads. We have wanted to do this for years and I am happy to finally get rid of a few of our beads from our collection. The kids really love pulling off necklaces and wearing them.


3 comments:

Monica said...

Maak sure looks sharp in his coat with Santa. That is a very good Santa by the way!

Becky T said...

Look at you and your perfect picture with Santa! Wowsers, impressive! And I love the Mardi Gras tree and the fact that you have packed those beads around the country with you! Ahhhh, New Orleans leaves quite the mark doesn't it?!! Looks like you had a great holiday!

The Evers said...

OH i missed you guys tons! It looks like you had such a nice Christmas! I love your Mardi Gras tree! I think it is freaking awesome!!! Glad I am home so we can hang out-and run-UGH!